We appreciate the extensive help of our guest speakers, community leaders, partners organisations and colleagues.
The teaching team (David Grayden, Kwanghui Lim and Simon Wilkins) would like to express our gratitude to everyone who contributed to making BioDesign2021 a success, including:
- Callum Lawrence, Senior Project Officer, Innovation Initiatives at University of Melbourne.
- David Harrison, Principal Consultant, DWH Consulting.
- Dean Freestone, Co-founder and CEO, Seer Medical.
- Elaine Saunders, Managing Director at Bingarra ScaleUp Solutions.
- Esther Apos, Director at CMS Scidoc.
- Fabian Lim, Industry Partnership and Commercialisation, Imperial College London. Formerly at University of Melbourne.
- Guido Tresoldi, Liaison Librarian, University of Melbourne.
- Jonathan Inglis, (MBA, MBS) for co-authoring and co-teaching the NAVi Case Study with Kwang.
- Jordan Green, President and Founder, Melbourne Angels.
- A/Prof Jia-Yee Lee, Associate Professor, Enterprise Fellow (Medtech), Melbourne School of Engineering at University of Melbourne.
- Kyle Slater, CPO at Seer Medical and former CEO at nura.
- Emeritus Professor Leon Mann, University of Melbourne, who taught our students how to create high-performing teams.
- Leonore Ryan, Entrepreneur in Residence, TRaM Program, University of Melbourne.
- Laxmi Pun, Melbourne Accelerator Project.
- Lachlan Wilson, Patent and Trademark Attorney. Lead, Intellectual Property Team at The University of Melbourne.
- Maria Pelipas and Makenzie Thomas from The Actuator.
- Michelle Kleynhans, who returned once again to share real-world commercialisation knowledge.
- Dr. Tam Nguyen, Associate Professor and Deputy Director of Research, St Vincent’s Hospital.
- Dr. Vinayak Smith, clinician and scientist based at Monash University.
- Warren Rudd, Co-founder of Curvecrete.
- Prof Andrea O’Connor, Dept of Biomedical Engineering.
- A/Prof David Ackland, Dept of Biomedical Engineering.
- Dr David Collins, Dept of Biomedical Engineering
- Professor Glenn Hoetker, MBS.
- A/Prof Jia-Yee Lee, Enterprise Fellow (Medtech), Melbourne School of Engineering at University of Melbourne.
- Dr. Lionel Lam, Dept of Biomedical Engineering.
- Dr. Katie Davey, Dept of Biomedical Engineering.
- Prof Leigh Johnston, Dept of Biomedical Engineering.
- A/Prof Kathryn Stok, Dept of Biomedical Engineering.
- Dr. Sam John, Dept of Biomedical Engineering.
- Vicki Allen, MBS Alumnae and representative of the MBS Semba Class of 2003 for serving on the pitch selection panel.
- Dr. Vini Gautam, Dept of Biomedical Engineering.
- Alex Newton, Brad Bergmann, Mubin Yousef, Shing Yue Sheung, and Wei Sue from NAVi Medical Technologies for helping us throughout the term.
- Ajit Ravindran, CEO of Lenexa Medical for tips on how to pitch and become investor-ready.
- Elise Sutherland, CEO of Stelect for being a “live case” in class.
- Josh Huang and James Lo from YABi Medical for helping our students learn about stakeholder analysis.
- Reagan Susanto, Dylan Andrews and Yatin Saluja on Needs Analysis.
- Richa Bhutani, Teri Nolan, Reagan Susanto and Dylan Andrews for helping us with the launch session.
- All the alumni who came and supported us during the Session 12 NAVi case premiere.
- Stephen Ho for very generously contributing time and funding towards the student teams, along with his daughter Tracy Ho for offering feedback to the teams.
- Ian Kirk whose sustained contributions to MBS makes this course viable.
- The MBS SEMBA class of 2003 for project funding and a commercialisation prize.