Here’s a summary of the Biodesign 2016 cohort’s experience:
- The 2016 Biodesign Class
- 2016 Student Experience
- Biodesign 2016 at Endeavour
- 2016 Clinicians
- 2016 Biodesign Distinguished Speakers
- What Our Students Say about Biodesign Melbourne
The teams made outstanding progress during and after Biodesign Melbourne.
- Winner of the Startup Victoria Healthtech Pitch Night ($150,000), Aug 2017. In addition, the team won the People’s Choice Award at the Startup Victoria Healthtech Pitch night.
- Second place in Victoria-China Sunan Cup Startup Competition ($15,000), Sep 2017. The team won an additional $1,000 prize for being the most popular project.
- Accepted to join the Texas Medical Centre Accelerator, TMCx (2017).
- Obtained permission to commence clinical research at Royal Women’s Hospital in Sep, 2017.
- Featured in the Melbourne Business School Impact Report and Video, 2017.
- Won two awards at Endeavour: the Endeavour Wade Institute Entrepreneurship prize and the IEEE Award for Technical Innovation & Engineering Achievement.
- Received substantial Angel Investor support.
- Final five at MedTech’s Got Talent ($20,000 prize plus an incubation process with mentors);
- Finalist in Victoria-China Sunan Cup Startup competition (received $5000 prize).
- Final five at MedTech’s Got Talent ($20,000 prize plus an incubation process with mentors)